Hualamphong Station (or Hua Lamphong) in Bangkok. The trains are from another era. The station is officially referred to by the State Railway of Thailand as Krungthep Station in Thai. The station was opened on June 25, 1916 after six years' construction. The site of the railway station was previously occupied by the national railway's maintenance centre, which moved to Makkasan in June 1910. At the nearby site of the previous railway station a pillar commemorates the inauguration of the Thai railway network in 1897. The station will be converted to a museum when Bang Sue becomes the main Bangkok railway terminus.